Sending Message to Websphere MQ

Posted by skevin.john on 18-Aug-2014 11:26

Hi - I want to create a REST webservice for placing messages in Websphere MQ.

Can one of you help me to achieve this?

Thanks in Advance.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 18-Aug-2014 11:37

I am not an expert in WebSphere, but I don't believe that there is a direct REST Server from IBM for WebSphereMQ (or MQSeries).  You need to have some REST adapter that you create that connects.  Of course, this would only accept messages so you couldn't use it for Async subscriptions.

I did a quick Google on IBM's site, and there is an article in the IBM Knowledge Center on configuring the IBM WebSphere Integration Bus for this.

IBM Integration Bus 9.0.0
    >IBM Integration Bus
        >Product overview
             >Samples
                >Technology samples
                    >Web Service
                        >RESTful Web Service Using JSON

It is possible that the OE Development forum has someone who has done this, but you might want to check in the IBM WebSphereMQ Forums.

Posted by Bill Wood on 08-Mar-2016 07:01

BTW there is a new feature that lets you do this directly:

Starting in OpenEdge 11.5.1,  Progress OpenEdge provides a generic Java Message Service (JMS) adapter for messaging. This generic JMS adapter can operate with any JMS-compliant vendor, including SonicMQ, IBM WebSphereMQ, and ActiveMQ.    

You can get more information in the product documentation, or look at the whitepaper on Community at:
     https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/m/documents/1986

Further updates happened in 11.6.1 to support all modes: Client Connect, Broker Connect, and Server Connect.

This thread is closed