Question Using Form-Based OERealm Authentication

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 08-Aug-2014 10:47

OE 11.3.2

The example login.html does:

<form action="j_spring_security_check" method="POST">

Excuse my ignorance but normally the form action is a web page is it not?  What/where is j_spring_security_check?  

I ask because I'm trying to POST from my extJS application and I'm getting a 404.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Paul

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 08-Aug-2014 11:47

The j_spring_security_check is a RESTful resource of the Spring Security framework that executes a Java servlet method.   The full path relative to the web application root is "/static/auth/j_spring_security_check".   The sample's login.html path is "/static/auth/login.html, and its <form action="j_spring_security_check" is a resource relative to the containing page.

You can find the relative paths in the appSecurity-form-*.xml configuration file:

<form-login login-processing-url="/static/auth/j_spring_security_check" ...

The full path from the web server root would be "/<web-app-name>/static/auth/j_spring_security_check".

That fill in some of the blanks?

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 08-Aug-2014 13:32

That was exactly the issue. I simply did not know that the form action can be relative to the containing page...AND...I realized I must submit j_username and j_password.

Very cool stuff.  I'm having a lot of fun!

Paul

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 08-Aug-2014 14:07

Paul,

Back to OERealm documentation.   I do not have the real, live, reviewed, edited, sanitized, and grammatically corrected version for release.  But I can share a totally unofficial writeup that you can look at and see if it helps simplify life in the OERealm world.

BTW: I also thought this was very cool stuff (once I got past the initial learning curve)

Mike J.

Posted by mopfer on 08-Sep-2014 16:35

Mike,

The OERealm-draft document is very helpful.  Now that 11.4 is released, were there any changes?  If so, is that document available in the product documentation somewhere?

Thanks,

Mark Opfer

DMSi Software

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 08-Sep-2014 16:55

Searching the 11.4 documentation on OERealm produces a large number of hits in OpenEdge Application Server: Administration and a few in OpenEdge Business Process Server: Business Process Portal Administrator's Guide.

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 09-Sep-2014 04:10

I am happy that the documentation is being helpful.   I have submitted it for inclusion in the release documentation, but I don't know exactly when and in what form it might show up.  I'll look to see if other distribution means are available for the short term.

I do not know of any changes in the OERealm support for 11.4.   So the information I gave you should still apply.

Mike J.

This thread is closed