How embed SAP Crystal Reports in ABL application?

Posted by Piotr Tucholski on 28-Jul-2014 07:17

Hi. I have a question how to embed CR 2013 reports in OE 11 apps? I heard SAP does not support OCX anymore (although after CR installation there are OCX controls in AppBuilder).

Maybe it is possible with .NET?  Is there any proven reporting tool and a way of embedding the reports in ABL apps that could be presented to Progress customer?

Kind regards,

Piotr

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 28-Jul-2014 08:27

Piotr,

I have pointed multiple customers to that code.  It is a shell.  It works and you can customize it as needed.

Brian

[collapse]
From: Piotr Tucholski [mailto:bounce-piotrtt@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:14 AM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] How embed SAP Crystal Reports in ABL application?

RE: How embed SAP Crystal Reports in ABL application?
Reply by Piotr Tucholski

Thanks Brian. Have you checked that solution as reliable so we could advise it to our customers?

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 28-Jul-2014 07:22

Piotr,

Search the online knowledgebase for "How to add the .NET Crystal Reports Viewer into a form?".

Brian

[collapse]
How embed SAP Crystal Reports in ABL application?
Thread created by Piotr Tucholski

Hi. I have a question how to embed CR 2013 reports in OE 11 apps? I heard SAP does not support OCX anymore (although after CR installation there are OCX controls in AppBuilder).

Maybe it is possible with .NET?  Is there any proven reporting tool and a way of embedding the reports in ABL apps that could be presented to Progress customer?

Kind regards,

Piotr

Posted by Piotr Tucholski on 28-Jul-2014 08:13