System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException Error

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 08-Jul-2014 09:11

Has anyone seen anything similar when running GUI for .NET. We have been deploying our 11.1 app for 18 months without any reports of this. We just started installing 11.1 at a new customer and this randomly appears. The funny thing is when the error occurs we are not referencing an ImageList.

Exact error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Type in the data at line 209, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Loading of the ImageList did not succeed.

Followed by:

System.Xml.XmlException: Type in the data at line 209, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Loading of the ImageList did not succeed. Line 209, position 5.

All Replies

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 08-Jul-2014 22:41

Don't have a good answer for this at the moment but I wonder if it is at all related to XP look and feel. Do you have a manifest file for the progress client (see Article "How to get the Windows XP look and feel?")? If you do, try removing it/renaming it. If you don't, try adding it. 

I have no hard evidence this will help but there are some references to manifest files in pages found on Google about this issue. I also have a funny feeling I have seen something similar. 

Let me know if this helps.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Jul-2014 06:36

I do not believe the manifest file is used by GUI for .NET but I have found the issue. The GDI objects for prowin32.exe kept growing until it reached 10,000 and then it blew up. We have narrowed it down to an ImageList that is contained in a user control. This user control is contained on another user control and it is not being deleted when the parent form is closed.

This thread is closed