SonicMQ Adapter OutOfMemoryError

Posted by ruan007 on 03-Jul-2014 22:03

Hi,

Not sure if I post this question in the right forum. We have a problem in sending a large xml message (40M) to Sonic broker.

Our client's application is running on Progress 9.1E and SonicMQ 7.5, I found that the default memory limit for MQ Adapter is 16M, following the suggestion on Progress KnowledgeBase (http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P12958?q=sonicmq+adapter+outofmemory+error&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1), we added the -mx64m to the JVMARGS registry key, but the adapter still failed with these errors in the log after restarting the adminservice:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
 <<no stack trace available>>
Thread-23>(2/07/2014 05:09:34:042) invoke():
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Thread-23>(2/07/2014 05:09:34:042) invoke():
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Thread-23>(2/07/2014 05:09:34:042) : JVM out of memory: Adapter emergency exit. Use the JVM's -mx, -ss and -oss startup parameters to increase the memory available for the adapter. (9363)

Note that the adapter started by the adminservice is running by the Local System account, we updated the JVMARGS key under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT keys (PSC subkey doesn't exist under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).

Anyone got any suggestions?

All Replies

Posted by Tony on 03-Jul-2014 22:21

Hi ruan007,

By default the max size of a single message that a broker can handle is 10MB. The error your are seeing may also be a reflection of this condition.

Regards, Tony.

Posted by ruan007 on 03-Jul-2014 23:02

Thanks Tony,

That's right, we realised that too and have added the CONNECTION_TUNING_PARAMETERS.MAX_MSG_SIZE property to increase the size to 50M on the Sonic broker side. If the problem is on the sonic broker/container, the broker should be brought down but not the adapter, right?

Regards

Kevin

Posted by Tony on 03-Jul-2014 23:18

Now you're stretching the brain cells...... It has been a while. To be honest I always found this confusing. In the end I restarted everything. But I do remember that it was good practice to delete the cache folder after it shutdown. So that it was forced to rebuild it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tony.

This thread is closed