.NET Framework 4 requirement for OE 11.4

Posted by Elaine Rosenberg on 27-Jun-2014 06:58

If one installs OE 11.4 Developer Studio for OpenEdge on a clean system, the installation completes. When the course developer tries to create a new ABL Form in Developer Studio, an error is raised that .NET 4 is required.  Didn't we used to include the .NET framework in the installation of OE?  Is it documented anywhere that .NET 4 must be installed separately?

Elaine

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 27-Jun-2014 07:00

I think it still gets installed automatically on WinXP/Win7. It is a check box on the installation dialog. However, on Server 2008/2012 I believe you need to add the .NET framework yourself. Something to do with roles and the security.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 27-Jun-2014 07:26

My understanding is that the install checks for .NET 4 and should exit with an error if it is not there for PDSOE.

Thanks
-Shelley

[collapse]
From: Elaine Rosenberg [mailto:bounce-erosenbe@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 7:59 AM
To: Beta.OE11.4@community.progress.com
Subject: [Beta - OE11.4] .NET Framework 4 requirement for OE 11.4

Thread created by Elaine Rosenberg

If one installs OE 11.4 Developer Studio for OpenEdge on a clean system, the installation completes. When the course developer tries to create a new ABL Form in Developer Studio, an error is raised that .NET 4 is required.  Didn't we used to include the .NET framework in the installation of OE?  Is it documented anywhere that .NET 4 must be installed separately?

Elaine

Posted by Anil Kumar on 27-Jun-2014 07:42

Hi Elaine,

There is an issue in our Bug database where OpenEdge installer fails to install .Net framework 4 on Windows 7 clean machine.

Workaround: Installing the .Net framework post installation of OpenEdge will solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]

.NET Framework 4 requirement for OE 11.4
Thread created by Elaine Rosenberg

If one installs OE 11.4 Developer Studio for OpenEdge on a clean system, the installation completes. When the course developer tries to create a new ABL Form in Developer Studio, an error is raised that .NET 4 is required.  Didn't we used to include the .NET framework in the installation of OE?  Is it documented anywhere that .NET 4 must be installed separately?

Elaine

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed