Infragistics Excel

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 26-Jun-2014 13:20

We just stumbled across an issue with the IG excel control. When setting the workbook comments property if there are any leading spaces in the comments an error is displayed when attempting to open the workbook. The error states that a problem was found in the content and asks if you want to attempt to recover. If you says yes the workbooks is opened okay. If you trim the leading spaces all is good.

oWorkbook:DocumentProperties:Company = "Osprey Retail Systems, Inc."

oWorkbook:DocumentProperties:Comments = TRIM (ipcComments) /* version 14.1 of ig excel control has an issue creating the workbook if there are leading spaces so we need to trim */
.

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 27-Jun-2014 09:18

I reported this to Infragistics and they have reproduced the issue so it appears it may be a bug with the control.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the clarification.

As I was able to reproduce the issue now, I have created support ticket for this issue – CAS-139596-Z8R6G4 and I have logged a development issue with ID 174420. As soon as I have more information for you I will update you through the case.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Jul-2014 14:34

This has been fixed in a service release. Does someone from PSC know if this SR will make it into 11.4?

Issue "174420: An error is displayed when opening a workbook if the Title, Comments, or Author have leading spaces." has been addressed in service release versions WinForms_14.1.20141.2059, WinForms_13.2.20132.2075.

The following additional notes have been provided regarding this issue:

Fixed an issue in the Excel engine where saving an Office2007 format file with a Title, Comment, or Author containing leading or trailing spaces caused Microsoft Excel to display an error when opening the file.

This service release is now available under your account at the Infragistics Website. To download the service release, log in to 'Account' and select 'Keys & Downloads'. Select the appropriate tab for this product; then the license key. The available service releases (Hot Fixes) should now be listed on the page.

Posted by cwiner on 11-Jul-2014 17:49

OE 11.4  is shipping with Infragistics 14.1.20141.2035.

[collapse]
[...]

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-Jul-2014 07:45

OE 11.4 has not shipped yet, correct?

Posted by Kris Murphy on 14-Jul-2014 07:56

This is correct.  OE 11.4 has not shipped.

[collapse]