Free OpenEdge ABL Project for Generating .DOCX Report Files

Posted by blichal on 02-Jun-2014 04:27

Hello All,

I recently finished (or rewrote an old project) and decided to release the project for free.

DocxFactory is a free project for generating .DOCX report files.

Features at a glance -

• Simple to use - To create a .DOCX file, design a template (regular .DOCX file) and merge your data with the template using 4GL/ABL or from the command line. No technical knowledge of the .DOCX file format (Open XML) is required.
  • Powerful - Does a lot more than simply inserting values and creating simple letters, it allows you to truly create real world, sophisticated reports and includes barcodes, pictures, paging features and much more.
  • Fast - Create a .DOCX file in milliseconds and millions of files per day.
  • Free - Completely free for private and commercial use without any time or feature limits.
  • Cross platform - Available on Windows and UNIX/Linux.

To get started follow the tutorial and download the binaries for your operating system.

The slibxlsx project for generating .XLSX files and tutorial are also included for free.

P.S. I'm looking for people who'd like to donate their time and get involved in the project.

All Replies

Posted by ezequielmontoya on 03-Jun-2014 09:59

Really great.

Posted by Alex Hart on 04-Jun-2014 09:12

I would be willing to donate time towards projects like this, which is available to the community :-)

Posted by blichal on 04-Jun-2014 10:06

Thank you very much!

Please contact me directly at alonb@docxfactory.com

Posted by leona313 on 28-Jul-2014 02:23
This thread is closed