How to generate a .wrx file from an existing .w file contain

Posted by jasdeep on 30-May-2014 13:05

I am not able to generate .wrx file. Can somebody provide me the steps to

generate .wrx file from an existing .w file containing an ActiveX control file.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 30-May-2014 13:08

.wrx files can only be created from the AppBuilder.

Are you seeing an error message?

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: jasdeep
Gesendet: ‎30.‎05.‎2014 20:05
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] How to generate a .wrx file from an existing .w file containing an ActiveX control

I am not able to generate .wrx file. Can somebody provide me the steps to

generate .wrx file from an existing .w file containing an ActiveX control file.

Posted by jongpau on 03-Jun-2014 00:58

Mike is right, you can only create a wrx file from the AppBuilder.

From reading your post it appears that you have "lost" a wrx file for an existing .w? Other than grabbing the wrx from the latest production build of your application or from a backup of your source you can try to do the following:

Create a new .w and drop the same ActiveX control(s) on the window. You should be able to easily find what controls were used by trawling through the source and finding the section where the control frames are created. Once you save your new .w you can simple copy the wrx to the right directory and rename it to the missing one.

Where you could get into some trouble is the fact that any ActiveX property settings that were made for the .w that misses the wrx will be lost as these get saved in the wrx.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Posted by jmls on 03-Jun-2014 06:23

not entirely true - a wrx is a compound document that has streams of
data in it. It is possible to create a .wrx if you know what data to
put where. Years ago I wrote an Appbuilder-type application and part
of that functionality was the ability to create .wrx files

http://www.peg.com/forums/peg/200001/msg00238.html

Julian

On 3 June 2014 06:59, jongpau wrote:
> Mike is right, you can only create a wrx file from the AppBuilder.
>
> From reading your post it appears that you have "lost" a wrx file for an
> existing .w? Other than grabbing the wrx from the latest production build of
> your application or from a backup of your source you can try to do the
> following:
>
> Create a new .w and drop the same ActiveX control(s) on the window. You
> should be able to easily find what controls were used by trawling through
> the source and finding the section where the control frames are created.
> Once you save your new .w you can simple copy the wrx to the right directory
> and rename it to the missing one.
>
> Where you could get into some trouble is the fact that any ActiveX property
> settings that were made for the .w that misses the wrx will be lost as these
> get saved in the wrx.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Paul

This thread is closed