Anomolies in XML-XREF ACCESS

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 29-May-2014 10:15

For the vast majority of cases in XML-XREF, when there is a Access reference on a database field, I am seeing the field name in the Object-identifier and the Object-Context has DICTDB.<table name>,   For a small number of cases, I don't see this, however and I am wondering if someone can suggest what this means.  For example, in one program there is a line of code (note that this is from very, very old code):

for each DICTDB._field of DICTDB._file no-lock:

This is producing two ACCESS references.  The first has Object-indentifier = _File-recid and Object-context = Analysis._Field.  This is itself different from normal because it references Analysis instead of DICTDB, but I am guessing that this has something to with with the fact that the code is actually attached to three databases at this point - Analysis, which is the repository for the tool, ISrel and ISsort which are the application databases whose schema is needed for the compile.  I would actually expect the reverse situation, i.e., for references to metaschema resolving to DICTDB and references to the application schema referencing ISRel or ISSort.  But, to continue.

The second ACCESS reference has a blank Object-identifier and Object-Context of Analysis._File.  The blank identifier is what is causing me headaches.  In this case I suppose that the join is being made on the RECID of _File, i.e., no actual field in the _File table.  So, does this mean that I can assume that a blank Object-identifier means RECID?

All Replies

This thread is closed