OE11.2 code editors gripe: keyword capitalization inside quo

Posted by keithg on 19-May-2014 11:13

Having recently gotten back into Progress programming, I found that the code editors in OE11.2 (running on Windows) are a step backwards from those in my previous experience with v9.1.  Specifically, they insist on capitalizing keywords inside quoted strings.  This is extremely annoying.  I often have to open Notepad to type message strings, then copy and paste them into the OE editor, being careful to not hit any other key before leaving that line of code.  Is there any known workaround?

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 19-May-2014 11:16

Keith,

Are you talking Developer Studio or the Procedure Editor?

Brian

[collapse]
From: keithg [mailto:bounce-keithg@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 12:14 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: OE11.2 code editors gripe: keyword capitalization inside quoted strings

OE11.2 code editors gripe: keyword capitalization inside quoted strings
Thread created by keithg

Having recently gotten back into Progress programming, I found that the code editors in OE11.2 (running on Windows) are a step backwards from those in my previous experience with v9.1.  Specifically, they insist on capitalizing keywords inside quoted strings.  This is extremely annoying.  I often have to open Notepad to type message strings, then copy and paste them into the OE editor, being careful to not hit any other key before leaving that line of code.  Is there any known workaround?

Posted by James Palmer on 19-May-2014 15:27

There definitely it's a workaround but I can't remember it as it has been a while. I'll try and remember to look for it tomorrow, but fairly sure it is on ProgressTalk.com.

James Palmer | Application Developer
Are you talking Developer Studio or the Procedure Editor?

Brian

[collapse]
OE11.2 code editors gripe: keyword capitalization inside quoted strings
Thread created by keithg

Having recently gotten back into Progress programming, I found that the code editors in OE11.2 (running on Windows) are a step backwards from those in my previous experience with v9.1.  Specifically, they insist on capitalizing keywords inside quoted strings.  This is extremely annoying.  I often have to open Notepad to type message strings, then copy and paste them into the OE editor, being careful to not hit any other key before leaving that line of code.  Is there any known workaround?

Inenco, Ribble House, Ballam Road, Lytham, FY8 4TS. Company Reg No: 2435678 For further information on the Inenco Group Ltd please visit our web site at www.inenco.com

NOTE: This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential and intended solely for the Individual to whom it is addressed. The information or data included is solely for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any information or data included with this e-mail remains the property of Inenco Group Ltd. and the recipient will refrain from utilising the information for any purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the information and remove it from their records. Whilst this e-mail or attached documents may contain market information, this information is not provided as advice. Inenco do not accept any liability for any damages or losses of any kind suffered as a result of any action(s) taken as a result of the content of this e-mail or attachments. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Inenco Group Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by telephone on +44 (0)1253 785000. [/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by James Palmer on 20-May-2014 03:26
Posted by keithg on 02-Jun-2014 07:15

Works like a charm--thanks!

This thread is closed