Deploying assembly to production

Posted by oedev on 12-Apr-2014 04:06

Good morning all,

I'm trying to build a test deployment referencing some new assemblies that I have been working with on my development machine, but with no success. I've created a assemblies folder, added an assemblies.xml which references all the required dll's, and also moved the assemblies into the same folder. Updated my pf to reference the assemblies folder, but when running the code get an error (a System.File.IO.FileNotFoundException). 

I've also tried putting the assemblies.xml and the actual dll's into the start up folder for the application, but that does not work either.

I'm testing this on another developers machine, and using the same assemblies.xml and assembly folder, Openedge Architect also has problems recognising the assembly. However, if I add the dll to the GAC using gacutil then both application and  OE Architect correctly recognise the assembly.

Any ideas?

TIA.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Apr-2014 04:12

Does the assembly version match?

What is the exact error message?

Posted by oedev on 12-Apr-2014 04:27

Hi Mike,

Yes, the assembly version matches.

Line from the assemblies file:

<assembly name="Accusoft.ImagXpress11.Net, Version=11.0.0.98, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80d669b8b606a2da"/>

And the error message;

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Accusoft.ImagXpress11.Net, Version=11.0.0.98, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80d669b8b606a2da' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Note I'm currently running 10.2B.

Thanks!

Posted by oedev on 12-Apr-2014 06:51

Issue resolved :-)

I was pointing to a assemblies folder on a network drive, copying the exact same folder onto a local drive and pointing to that resolves the issue. Is this is  known issue or meant to work like this by design ?

Thanks.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Apr-2014 07:15

That are security features of the .NET policies. Google for caspol. You can change that using group policy settings.

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: oedev
Gesendet: ‎12.‎04.‎2014 13:52
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: Deploying assembly to production

Reply by oedev

Issue resolved :-)

I was pointing to a assemblies folder on a network drive, copying the exact same folder onto a local drive and pointing to that resolves the issue. Is this is  known issue or meant to work like this by design ?

Thanks.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by oedev on 12-Apr-2014 07:17

Thanks, was actually just looking at a MSDN entry with details of that tool and other ways of changing that Trust Assemblies Location property. Thanks for your help!

This thread is closed