json for 10.2B ?

Posted by jmls on 01-Apr-2014 05:32

I was wondering which dll library the 11.x release uses for the Progress.lang.jsonObject and jsonArray stuff ? I have a requirement to use json on a 10.2B release, and whilst asking for the source of jsonObject et al probably would be a shot in the dark, perhaps I could create a compatible api for 10.2B if I knew the dll that was used ..

hey, gotta ask, right ? ;)

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 01-Apr-2014 08:59

If you want to create a compatible API for 10.2B, you should start with the public members (or interfaces, but I don't believe the JSON stuff has any).

You will not be able to create them with a Progress.* namespace (restricted for internal use) but otherwise you should be able to create an API-compatible layer).

-- peter

Posted by jmls on 01-Apr-2014 09:09

yeah. I know that part ;) However, what library are you using internally ? For example, you use the xerces_psc for xml ..

Posted by Evan Bleicher on 01-Apr-2014 09:15

The AVM currently utilizes yajl (yet-another-json-library) as its json parser

Posted by asthomas on 02-Apr-2014 09:51

Any chance PSC has plans to add the same JSON parsing to 10.2B? Would be nice to have the same platform independent parser available ...

Posted by jmls on 02-Apr-2014 09:51

+100

Posted by Peter Mellow on 02-Apr-2014 09:55

Sorry to say but we aren’t adding new features to 10.2B. New stuff goes into 11.

[collapse]