Where does ABLUnitCore.p reside?

Posted by randallkharp on 27-Mar-2014 16:47

I have no problem launching ABLUnit test cases or test suites from the command line (e.g. prowin32 -p ABLUnitCore.p -param mytestsuite.p); however, when I try to run a test case via a Progress OpenEdge Application Run Configuration (in PDS), it reports that ABLUnitCore.p is not found. Additionally, if I start a prowin32 session, I see that gui\ablunit.pl is in the PROPATH, yet ABLUnitCore.p is still not found. :-\  Where I'm going with this is potentially having the ability to launch some tests cases from within an OpenEdge application. It appears that ABLUnitCore.p is necessary to interpret the ABLUnit annotations, but isn't in the default PROPATH. Where does ABLUnitCore.p reside?

Posted by DivyaTheja on 28-Mar-2014 00:19

Hi Randal,

There is an existing issue with running .p file from PDSOE RunConfugurations when there is only .r file available in PROPATH.

I tried running ablunit test with OpenEdge RunConfiguration in Normal OpenEdge project. Able to run the test when i use "ABLUnitCore.r" instead of "ABLUnitCore.p".  

Here are the steps i followed.

1. Created OpenEdge project.

2. Added ablunit.pl to project PROPATH.

3. Created a procedure file say "test.p" with test procedure.

4. Created OpenEdge RunConfiguration with Following details.

- Program to Run: ABLUnitCore.r

- StartUp Parameters: -param test.p

Running the configuration is successful and i got the results in results.xml file under project.

Hope this Helps,

DivyaTheja

All Replies

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 27-Mar-2014 16:56

It is supposed to be in ablunit.pl. I believe this .pl is is added to propath of an ABLUnit project and that it is not in the default propath. You probably need to add it to propath if you want to run it from a regular OpenEdge project.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 27-Mar-2014 17:37

Note that I do get an "Unable to open file ... (98)"  error if I try to run ABLUnitCore.p directly, but this is from within  ABLUnitCore.p. It seems to depend on some files being present.    

Posted by DivyaTheja on 28-Mar-2014 00:19

Hi Randal,

There is an existing issue with running .p file from PDSOE RunConfugurations when there is only .r file available in PROPATH.

I tried running ablunit test with OpenEdge RunConfiguration in Normal OpenEdge project. Able to run the test when i use "ABLUnitCore.r" instead of "ABLUnitCore.p".  

Here are the steps i followed.

1. Created OpenEdge project.

2. Added ablunit.pl to project PROPATH.

3. Created a procedure file say "test.p" with test procedure.

4. Created OpenEdge RunConfiguration with Following details.

- Program to Run: ABLUnitCore.r

- StartUp Parameters: -param test.p

Running the configuration is successful and i got the results in results.xml file under project.

Hope this Helps,

DivyaTheja

Posted by Sivarami Reddy Marella on 03-Jan-2020 15:49

Hi Divya,

Is it possible to append all the [mention:51394ae004484069941862655d7eb3cb:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] results manually to results.xml file. As per the below example my test1 procedure is executing twice and my results.xml is overwriting instead of append, I want to append the results to results.xml. Any one have any idea about this.

example :

@test

Procedure test1:

end procedure.

Thanks,

Sivarami Reddy M

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 06-Jan-2020 06:46

Hi Sivarami Reddy,

ABLUnit results are always generated with name results.xml in the current working directory. If there is an already existing results.xml, it'll be overridden. 

I think you can append results manually, but we never tried from our side. As long as the results.xml file format is inline with ABLUnit results.xml, PDS OE can display that file in Results view. 

If you want to see the results of previous run, you can see them from PDSOE's ABLUnit view (Under Test Run History toolbar menu item).  

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Posted by Sivarami Reddy Marella on 06-Jan-2020 09:24

Thanks Snajeev for the information.

Posted by Sivarami Reddy Marella on 06-Jan-2020 09:58

Hi Sanjeev,

One test case can I do multiple validations(multiple assert statements) and how to capture this into results.xml . Here I am able to see only one value and which is executing as latest.

Thanks,

Sivarami Reddy M

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 06-Jan-2020 10:28

Hi Sivarami Reddy,

I think ABLUnit didn’t have the capability of capturing results of multiple assert statements in one unit test. You can raise an enhancement request if you need that feature.

I found an interesting article on multiple asserts in single unit test. In some cases we need to have multiple asserts in one unit test. I think this is a new feature, which we need to add as part of ABLUnit.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev

This thread is closed