ADO.NET ENTITY FRAMEWORK 4.1.0

Posted by sderrico on 27-Mar-2014 15:02

Hello!

Curiosity, what is ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.1.0?

Reference: http://www.datadirect.com/support/product-documentation/product-information/support-matrices/datadirect-connect-for-ado-net/entity-framework-data-providers

Does it allow a .NET programmer to use Entity Framework in C# in Visual Studio 2010 querying a Progress 10.2B Database?

Thank you!

Sebastien

All Replies

Posted by Jayakhanna P (JK) on 07-Apr-2014 05:46

ADO.NET Entity Framework is an ORM (Object Relational Mapping) technology. Progress implements this technology to build Entity Framework drivers for various DataSources. Please check the below link for the current set of Datasources that are supported.

www.progress.com/.../ado-net-entity-framework-

-ef-4-2-and-1-0--support

In case you are looking to use Entity Framework for Progress Database, please contact Progress Sales/Support

Thanks,

~JK

Posted by sderrico on 07-Apr-2014 06:16

Hello Jpasimut,

I was seeking the ADO.NET Entity Framework for Progress Database. The reseller told us that the related product in the original post cannot do it.

Because he did not point us to any product, I took his answer as it is not possible to use Entity Framework on a Progress database and now your reply make me wondering if I should contact him again and ask him: ok, is there are any product that can do Entity Framework for a Progress Database.

Well, now that I am in the doubt, I have to contact him again.

Thank you for your answer!

Posted by Jayakhanna P (JK) on 07-Apr-2014 06:19

Currently we don''t have the Entity Framework drivers for Progress Database, however we can always build one based on the feasibility and customers interest.  

Thanks,

~JK

This thread is closed