Error smartdataobject has no appserver partition defined and

Posted by marilynsacher on 25-Mar-2014 08:48

Hello,

I'm using a progress 9.1B Appbuilder and i try to make a smart container with smart folders, smart viewers and a SDO. When i run my window, the followin message is diplaying "smartdataobject has no appserver partition defined and is running locally without proper database connection". The Appbuilder is connected to the database, i don't use an appserver  and i don't want to.

I found a post who explain that if there is a _cli.w for the SDO, progress need an Appserver. I didn't create the _cl.w, he have been created by progress when i save the SDO,

What i can do to avoid this error message and to avoid the creation of the _cl.p when i save the sdo.

Regards

Marilyn

All Replies

Posted by Sasha Kraljevic on 25-Mar-2014 09:44

Hi Marilyn,

You are probably missing r-code for that sdo - it didn't compile properly, or AppBuilder cannot find it in the PROPATH.

Please check the following KBase:

000031960 - Error: "<sdo-file-name> SmartDataObject has no AppServer partition defined and is running locally without proper database connection(s)" running a SmartObjects application

If that doesn't help, then check if your sdo instance erroneously has some AppServer service set by clicking onto the little minus sign in the sdo icon also known as 'ventilator'.
 If there is something set there, then set it to 'none'.

Posted by Youssif Shanshiry on 25-Mar-2014 12:23

I second Sasha's point.   From the AppBuilder's main menu, select "Tools > Application Compiler >Start Compile" to compile everything in your working directory.  This will most likely resolve the above error.

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 25-Mar-2014 14:10

Hi,

I am not sure why this error is being generated. But, to avoid this, you may try creating a partition. To create a partition: Open AppBuilder

On PRO*Tools, click on "Service Parameter Maintenance" tool bar icon to bring up "Service Parameter Maintenance" tool

Add a new record (partition)

Give the partition name as broker name you are using, host and service as host name and port(port number of NameServer if you are using name server) where your appserver is running.

Uncheck "Prompt for userid and passwrod" and click on "Save recored" tool bar to finish creating the partition.

Hope this helps,

Dileep

Posted by Sasha Kraljevic on 25-Mar-2014 14:22

Hi Dileep, 

I think Marilyn mentioned that she doesn't need, or wants to use an AppServer.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 mrt. 2014, at 20:10, "Dileep Dasa" <bounce-ddasa@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Dileep Dasa

Hi,

I am not sure why this error is being generated. But, to avoid this, you may try creating a partition. To create a partition: Open AppBuilder

On PRO*Tools, click on "Service Parameter Maintenance" tool bar icon to bring up "Service Parameter Maintenance" tool

Add a new record (partition)

Give the partition name as broker name you are using, host and service as host name and port(port number of NameServer if you are using name server) where your appserver is running.

Uncheck "Prompt for userid and passwrod" and click on "Save recored" tool bar to finish creating the partition.

Hope this helps,

Dileep

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by marilynsacher on 26-Mar-2014 04:36

Hello,

Thank you for your responses and sorry to reply so late.

Sasha is right i don't want use an appserver  My purpose is to create a window with folders with modification and navigation toolbar.

For the r-code i have it and the way of this r-code is in my propath. I check my SDO properties and the partition is set to 'none'.  I've also put my programm on the prodution's environment.

An now i have also the  error 2125 'Could not evaluate procedure handle expression while trying to execute <internal-procedure>. (2125)

A RUN <internal-procedure> IN <handle> statement failed because Progress could not evaluate the expression describing <handle>. Check that the expression you are using for <handle> evaluates to a handle of a procedure'.  

It doesn't occured before.

Regards

Posted by Sasha Kraljevic on 26-Mar-2014 07:31

Marilyn,

There can be a number of reasons for error 2125, so you will have to dig deeper.

You should use the -debugalert startup parameter and then start the application and reproduce the error.

The -debugalert parameter adds a Help button to all alert-boxes. When you click on the Help button, a stack trace is displayed, along with a "Debug" button to start the Progress debugger.

Stack trace will reveal more information which may help you troubleshoot the error. It is probably something missing in the PROPATH (you should have both sdo files including the *_cl.r ), or it may be an application error.

You could start the session this way :

prowin32.exe -debugalert -clientlog LogFileName.txt -p AppStartupProgram.r

However, bear in mind that 9.1B is quite outdated. If you have possibility (under maintenance), then you should upgrade to a minimum 9.1E with the last service pack for it.

It would be best to go all the way to the latest 11.3.

This thread is closed