Block-level option

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 09-Mar-2014 11:01

I don't have 11.3.2 yet (grumble, grumble, second class SDK user) so I don't know if it has appeared there or not, but why doesn't 11.3.1 have an option for block-level on error undo, throw in addition to routine-level?

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 09-Mar-2014 13:04

I’m a SDK user as well. But that 11.3.2 service pack appeared there a while ago.

Looks like a forgotten enhancement. And apparently that hasn’t been fixed in 11.3.2 as well. Never bothered me so far, as I’m using my own JET templates anyway. I don’t need on option for something (error handling) that actually shouldn’t be an option.
[collapse]
From: Thomas Mercer-Hursh [mailto:bounce-tamhas@community.progress.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 9. März 2014 17:02
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: Block-level option

Thread created by Thomas Mercer-Hursh

I don't have 11.3.2 yet (grumble, grumble, second class SDK user) so I don't know if it has appeared there or not, but why doesn't 11.3.1 have an option for block-level on error undo, throw in addition to routine-level?

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 09-Mar-2014 13:16

Weird.  Under my SDK subscription, there are no 2014 releases, but if I search on 11.3.2, I get a whole list of options.

Yeah, I figured that the reason you weren't complaining was custom templates, but if there is going to be a tick mark for Routine-Level there should be one for Block-Level ... or it should just change to Block-Level.  Having to edit automatic inserts is annoying.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 09-Mar-2014 13:24

There should definitively be an option. You either report it as a bug – or log it in the ideas section.

Automatically replacing ROUTINE-LEVEL with BLOCK-LEVEL would be PITA for those that need backwards source compability with  11.1

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 09-Mar-2014 13:33

Probably not the only PITA!

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 09-Mar-2014 13:38
Posted by Evan Bleicher on 09-Mar-2014 17:31

If you have access to the 11.4 ESAP, you may want to give that a try.  The Class and Procedure Wizards were updated in 11.4 to contain a BLOCK-LEVEL check-box.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 10-Mar-2014 09:06

Good news ... just need to wait for a production version.

This thread is closed