Progress UI automation

Posted by kailash on 04-Mar-2014 15:19

We are using a mix of .NET UI and Progress UI in our Progress application. Microsoft Coded UI is not able to identify the Progress UI elements; anyone has done any automation with the Progress UI?

I heard that the next version of Progress will have the support for Microsoft UIA/Coded UI; if true, when will that be available?

All Replies

Posted by cwiner on 10-Mar-2014 11:53

In house we used Rational Visual Test in the past and currently use HP QTP to test the OE GUI, this works well except for the OE browse widget. With the browse there is no recognition of individual cells, row markers, scroll bars, or column headings.

There are no plans to have support for Microsoft UIA/Coded UI in OE.

Cindy

[collapse]
From: kailash [mailto:bounce-kailash@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:20 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: Progress UI automation

Thread created by kailash

We are using a mix of .NET UI and Progress UI in our Progress application. Microsoft Coded UI is not able to identify the Progress UI elements; anyone has done any automation with the Progress UI?

I heard that the next version of Progress will have the support for Microsoft UIA/Coded UI; if true, when will that be available?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Jean Richert on 12-Mar-2014 15:35

I just searched the Community and found a thread about "tooling for automated GUI-testing. Here is the link. It may help, I hope. community.progress.com/.../8651.aspx

Any other suggestion from other members following this forum?

This thread is closed