Export Search Results

Posted by James Palmer on 28-Feb-2014 05:44

So I'm working on a project that requires me to visit all instances that a particular db table is referenced in the code to make a judgement call as to what is to happen based on a new option we've introduced. I've done a search in PDSOE (11.2.1) for all references to that table (1042) and now the job begins of trawling through them all.

So now my question: Does anyone know if it's possible to export the search results somehow? This is going to take me more than a day to complete and I work from different locations on different machines. Therefore I'd like to have my progress so far available to me wherever I am.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Mowat on 28-Feb-2014 05:59

Hi James,

You can change the view of the search results from a treeview to a list by using the small arrow on the top right.

Once you have the list you can then do a ctrl+a to select all the entries and right click copy. You should be able to paste that into notepad.

Hope that helps

Paul

Posted by James Palmer on 28-Feb-2014 06:01

Thanks Paul. That's helpful.

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 28-Feb-2014 09:51

Remember: it's Eclipse.

sourceforge.net/.../csv-export

Note: never used it, just a quick google.

Posted by James Palmer on 28-Feb-2014 10:01

Thanks Stefan. I can't work out how to install add ons actually, but that's probably for a different thread!!

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 28-Feb-2014 10:11

[ Help / Install New Software… ]

Paste the update site URL (http://csv-export.sourceforge.net/update) from (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/csv-export/) into the ‘work with’ fill-in and press enter (the ui is a bit weirdish here, there is no ‘go’ button).
The tree view shows which software is available.

Open ‘uncategorized’ and voila: Eclipse Search CSV Export is shown.

Select it and ‘Next’ a few times and you should have it.

Have fun!

[collapse]
Thanks Stefan. I can't work out how to install add ons actually, but that's probably for a different thread!!

Posted by James Palmer on 28-Feb-2014 10:17

That's really helpful. Thanks!!

This thread is closed