Database Vendor Code: -20005 when running a crystal report

Posted by newport1 on 21-Feb-2014 03:02

Hi,

I am trying to run a Crystal Report and it runs fine for reports that do not ask for parameters. When a report asks for parameters and I try to run the report I get the following message:

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Details: [Database VEndor Code: -20005 ]

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Error in File Export Loading Log

{2ACA4010-CDD5-4C3D-A280-03DA4F2BA4E6}.rpt:

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Details: [Database Vendor Code: -20005 ]

Does anyone know what this error means? I know that it is passed on from the database but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere.

Dennis

All Replies

Posted by Chandra Sekhar on 21-Feb-2014 04:55

Hi,

I am not expert in parameter report. However  error -2005 means “Table/View/Synonym not found”.

Thanks,
Chandu

[collapse]
I am trying to run a Crystal Report and it runs fine for reports that do not ask for parameters. When a report asks for parameters and I try to run the report I get the following message:

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Details: [Database VEndor Code: -20005 ]

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Error in File Export Loading Log

{2ACA4010-CDD5-4C3D-A280-03DA4F2BA4E6}.rpt:

Failed to retrieve data from the database.

Details: [Database Vendor Code: -20005 ]

Does anyone know what this error means? I know that it is passed on from the database but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere.

Dennis

Posted by newport1 on 21-Feb-2014 05:09

Hi,

The error that I am getting is -20005. You typed -2005. Do you maybe have a list of error codes or is it available somewhere online?

Posted by Chandra Sekhar on 21-Feb-2014 05:20

Hi,

That’s was typo.  -20005 means Table/View/Synonym not found”.
You can find list of error codes and error messages in OpenEdge SQL Reference documentation.

§ Chandu

[collapse]