ABLUnit - Results.xml file format

Posted by Riverside Software on 31-Jan-2014 04:52

Good morning,

It seems that the results.xml file format is not the same one as JUnit or TestNG, so Jenkins isn't able to display ABLUnit result trends. Would it be possible to change the file format so that Jenkins could directly display the results ? Or tell if this is another common file format ?

Gilles

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 31-Jan-2014 04:59

I asked or the same XML output as well.

Our own unit testing tool does that. And that's really one of the most important bits for tool interoperability!

Posted by Riverside Software on 31-Jan-2014 05:02

+100 on interoperability. If I have to develop a custom plugin for Jenkins and any other continuous integration tool on the market, that's a showstopper for me.

Posted by Alex Hart on 31-Jan-2014 05:14

As it is XML can we not just get a XSLT to transform the XML from ABLUnit standard to other standards? This should be easy enough as you are just formatting XML from one layout to another? And will mean we could do a lot more with it.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 31-Jan-2014 05:15

But why not use "THE" defacto standard right from the begining?

Posted by jmls on 31-Jan-2014 05:16

even if the xml can't be changed , surely you don't need to write a
plugin for jenkins, just a 4gl class to read the xml in, and convert
it to the standard xml ... even json ;)

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by Mike Fechner on 31-Jan-2014 05:19

Sure Julian, XML's can be transformed, regenerated and all other funny stuff be done.

But why invent a new format? Just because you can?

Or is there information in that XML that does not fit into the JUnit one?

Posted by jmls on 31-Jan-2014 05:21

you do have a point ... we're agreeing yet again ...

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by Sunil Belgaonkar on 31-Jan-2014 10:15

Great feedback - Thanks Gilles and Mike!

Sunil

[collapse]