Adding a System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource to a Progress.Wi

Posted by pmarshall on 29-Jan-2014 06:02

I am trying to add a System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource to a Progress.Windows.UserControl, but have an issue whenever I try and add the control to the toolbox.

You can't browse to the relevant System.Windows.Forms.dll ( in c:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\V4....), as this generates an error with the dependent assemblies.

However trying to add the control using the "GAC" tab will always crash eclipse with an out of memory exception, so I can't add the control that way.

I need to get the control onto the designer surface to support the designer for a second control, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Peter

All Replies

Posted by Keerthy Yeddula on 29-Jan-2014 07:32

Hi Peter,

I tried to reproduce the issue with the following steps and was able to add BindingSource control to the usercontrol:

Steps:

1. Create user control in the project.

2. From toolbox, open "Add Controls" dialog and select Global Assemblies tab. "BindingSource" control is listed under Global Assemblies tab.

3. Select the control and add it to toolbox. Able to add BindingSource control to the toolbox properly.

4. Drop BindingSource control on the UserControl and the control was dropped successfully.

You need to browse System.Windows.Forms.dll from "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4...." location.

Can you please let us know which version of OpenEdge Architect are you using for testing?

Thanks,

Keerthy.

This thread is closed