ABL Unit in previous version

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Jan-2014 09:59

Will it be possible to execute ABLUnit in previous versions of OpenEdge ? Not looking for the Eclipse view which will only be available with PDS 11.4, but for the ability to execute the tests through Ant in any previous version.

If the source code of ABLUnit classes is available, is it possible to compile it in v11.x ? And in 10.x ?

Gilles

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Jan-2014 11:42

Currently the source is made available via the "PSDN source archive" or whatever it'll be called here :). That means it's not available for ESAP as things stand now.

I'll look into what it'd take to get the source made available.

-- peter

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Jan-2014 10:02

ABLUnit uses the new-in-11 JSONObject types, so it will not work  prior to that.

I *think* that it should be able to be run in 11.0+ though. Think, not know for sure.

-- peter

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Jan-2014 10:36

Thanks Peter. Were the JSON Object types introduced in 11.0 or later ?

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Jan-2014 10:37

Reading again your email, and you're talking about 11.0+ so I guess I already have the answer...

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Jan-2014 10:53

JSON is used to pass test config to ABLUnit. FWIW, there's a single program that uses JSONObject (OpenEdge.ABLUnit.Runner.ABLRunner).

-- peter

Posted by Riverside Software on 28-Jan-2014 11:36

And last point, when will the source code be available for this version ? Only for the 11.4 final ?

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Jan-2014 11:42

Currently the source is made available via the "PSDN source archive" or whatever it'll be called here :). That means it's not available for ESAP as things stand now.

I'll look into what it'd take to get the source made available.

-- peter

Posted by Alex Hart on 29-Jan-2014 03:59

Did anyone try using this in 11.3 as is?

Posted by Riverside Software on 29-Jan-2014 04:07

Getting :

** "OpenEdge.Core.Collections.Array" was not found. (293)

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 29-Jan-2014 04:12

Hi Alex,

I have tested this in 11.2.1 by adding ablunit.pl and OpenEdge.Core.pl files to propath. It worked fine.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Posted by Riverside Software on 29-Jan-2014 04:13

I've incorrectly added OpenEdge.Core.pl from 11.4 in my 11.3 propath. It works without any problem with this PL in the propath now.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 29-Jan-2014 04:15

Hi,

We have tried one use case of ABLUnit in OpenEdge 11.2.1 by adding necessary pl files (ablunit.pl and OpenEdge.Core.pl) to propath and it produces proper results. We also tested with OpenEdge 11.0 but it doesn't produces proper results. This seems to be r-code comparability issue. We have seen a thread in forum regarding r-code compatibility issue.

community.progress.com/.../33746.aspx

However we not sure about official support of ABLUnit complete feature in previous version of OpenEdge.

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev.

Posted by Peter Judge on 29-Jan-2014 07:38

That error is because of a new PL that is in 11.4.

And yes, Gilles, I'll look into the availability of that source too :)

-- peter

[collapse]
From: Riverside Software [mailto:bounce-rssw@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 January, 2014 05:08
To: Beta.OE11.4@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: ABL Unit in previous version

Reply by Riverside Software

Getting :

** "OpenEdge.Core.Collections.Array" was not found. (293)

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Peter Judge on 29-Jan-2014 08:03

ABLUnit has not yet been released in any form yet, and is intended as a 11.4 feature. I would not expect there to be formal support for it in previous version of OE.  

-- peter

[collapse]
From: sanreddy [mailto:bounce-sanreddy@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 January, 2014 05:16
To: Beta.OE11.4@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: ABL Unit in previous version

Reply by sanreddy

Hi,

We have tried one use case of ABLUnit in OpenEdge 11.2.1 by adding necessary pl files (ablunit.pl and OpenEdge.Core.pl) to propath and it produces proper results. We also tested with OpenEdge 11.0 but it doesn't produces proper results. This seems to be r-code comparability issue. We have seen a thread in forum regarding r-code compatibility issue.

community.progress.com/.../33746.aspx

However we not sure about official support of ABLUnit complete feature in previous version of OpenEdge.

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed