run window persistent

Posted by bart.syryn on 23-Jan-2014 05:20

Hi, I have a program a.w that runs b.w persistent (10.2ASP03). a.w : define temp table tttest field name as char. run b.w persistent (output tttest). b.w : define temp table tttest field name as char. define output parameter table for tttest. apply "windows-close" to C-win. /*C-win is b.w*/ This gives me a error after apply 'window-close': "Error code -20011 returns from fdfnd. (1410)" Why is the error happening and how can I resolve it ? Kind regards Bart Syryn

Posted by bart.syryn on 31-Jan-2014 17:45

Well, thanks for the replies, but we solved it with a shared temp-table.

In less than a month, we're going to upgrade to 11.3, so we didn't want to waste the time by logging a support case.

Thanks to all

Kind regards,

Bart

All Replies

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 23-Jan-2014 06:07

I tried to duplicate the problem but failed. There are few syntax errors in the code that you have provided. Can you please provide exact code snippet?

Also, please verify if this issue is with only SHARED temp-tables.

Posted by bart.syryn on 23-Jan-2014 06:24

It are two .w-programs. So it's not possible to place the whole program here.

In the a.w I declare a temp-table and I declare the same temp-table in b.w (they are the same because there in an include-file).

There are also other parameters that are going from a.w to b.w.

So in a.w there run b.w persistent(some parameters...., output table tttest).

In b.w on a certain place I close b.w by APPLY "window-close" to C-win. After the disable_UI in the main block of b.w the error appears.  When I delete the temp-table, so no output table tttest, then the error doesn't appear.

I've looked in the knowledge base and there's a issue with shared temp-table (solved in 10.1C I thing), but this aren't shared temp-tables and it's 10.2A.

Posted by Jean Richert on 24-Jan-2014 13:29

Hi Bart, what about you upload a small reproducible, if possible.

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 31-Jan-2014 05:30

From my experience, seeing the (1410) error usually points to a product defect in the end. You may want to log a support case for in-depth investigation. As mentioned several times already, having a repro case is a *big* help.

Side note: If this is a defect, chances are it's already been found and fixed in later releases; 10.2A03 is quite old. It's also a retired release, meaning that  if this is a bug and you need a fix, you will have to upgrade anyway to get that fix.

Posted by bart.syryn on 31-Jan-2014 17:45

Well, thanks for the replies, but we solved it with a shared temp-table.

In less than a month, we're going to upgrade to 11.3, so we didn't want to waste the time by logging a support case.

Thanks to all

Kind regards,

Bart

This thread is closed