PDS Progress and SQL Schemaholder Compile Setup

Posted by Paul Mowat on 01-Nov-2013 03:39

Hi All,

I have a project that I'm working on that needs to be able to be compiled using progress and using sql server schema holders.

I was hoping to only have one project/set of code and be able to configure two compiles into different locations for testing any changes,but I couldn't see how I'd be able to do this through PDS.

I want to avoid having to sets of the same code but just configured slightly different if possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 05-Nov-2013 10:57

Hi Paul,

There are multiple places in Developer Studio where you can configure the 'Build Destination' property in the Project Properties page.

1)  Project properties -> Progress OpenEdge -> Build -> Project build destination

2)  Project properties -> Progress OpenEdge -> Build -> Source tab

Expand @{Root} node -> Build Destination

However, both of them pertain to single destination directory or allow only one destination directory for the rcodes to be placed.

Currently PDS OE do not have option to provision multiple destination directories for building the rcode files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 05-Nov-2013 16:34

I assume that you could customize _idecompile.p (on 11.2 located in c:\progress\developerstudio3.7\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.project_11.2.1.00\runtime) to compile to a second destination.

You would need to do something about your databases though - probably easiest to connect to both openedge and sql schema holder in your project and give them unique aliases.

Posted by Paul Mowat on 06-Nov-2013 03:03

Thanks for the replies.

if it can't be done through PDS then think I might go with turning off the pds compiles and setting up some ant tasks with PCT to deal with the different compiles.

Thanks

This thread is closed