[icf-dev] WebClient, AIA and AppServer

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Jun-2002 02:39

Have any of you had success in setting up a deployment for a Dynamics application using the AppServer Internet Adapter (AIA) ?

I ran into an issue yesterday where the AppServer that does the initial installation of the package is not able to authenticate the client because the coding procedures used in Dynamics on both the server and client side is not available on the client before the package has been installed. I managed to get around this after a suggestion from Bruce by setting up a separate AppServer without the Dynamics trimmings - with the sole purpose of installing the WebClient package.

Now that I have gotten this far, I am having trouble with the needed connect string in the icfconfig.xml file to use the AppServer via AIA. I have triedvarious combinations of the string that was used before in the appsrvtt.d file - but without any luck. Does anyone have any idea what is needed here to make a connection to the AppServer successfully ?

I have tried :

-URL http://hostname/aia/Aia?AppService =oas_agdemo (with and without the -URL)

I have an old appsrvtt.d file which used to work in 9.1B which had the following connect string :

"Astra" "" "" yes no "" "" "A" "http://astra.mip-europe.com/aia/Aia?AppService=oas_010agdev"

Anyone ?

Thomas Hansen

Managing Director

___________________________________

MIP Europe A/S

Ã…strupvej 53

9800 Hjørring

Denmark

Tel.: +45 98 90 49 16

Fax.: +45 98 90 49 17

Mobile : +45 20 16 19 29

E-mail : thomas@mip-europe.com

Web : www.mip-europe.com

Chairman - Danish Progress User Group

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Jun-2002 03:05

Thomas

Your connect string looks fine....we have managed to run our dynamics

application using a Webclient connection and with our config xml file having

the following connection parameter

R#CHR(3)#-URL

http://hostname/aia/Aia?AppService=AsEcomRelWe use ServletExec 3.1 software and there was an issue with Microsofts

Virtual Machine that is shipped by default with NT and we have download

another VM from the Sun Solaris website.

What is the error message you are receiving?

Clare

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Jun-2002 03:18

Hi Claire,

I have just installed JRUN 4 evaluation (which is fully functional) and do not have a separate JVM - am just using the JDK that comes with Progress 9.1C.

I can test the AIA with http://hostname/aia/Aia?GetServletStatus without any problems. But when I use a string like the one you are using, then I get an error on the client : ry/app/rysessnid.p - ICFDB not connected. This usually happens when you are running client side but cannot connect to the AppServer.

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Jun-2002 03:21

Clare,

Looks like what I was missing was the R#CHR(3)#-URL instead of just -URL. This seems to have done the trick.

Thanks

Thomas