[icf-dev] Import of ado's on latest v2

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Jul-2002 06:05

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest code for V2 of Dynamics as of yesterday. I

see there are quite a few ado files with yesterday's date. From the

Deployment menu in the Dynamics Administration menu, the Dataset Import is

disabled. How do I bring my Dynamics Db up to date with the latest data?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Jul-2002 08:32

Frank,

The reason that you are unable to get to the dataset import tool is that it

has been replaced by a Dynamic container which you have not yet loaded into

your repository. That is why the tool is disabled.

I am in the process of preparing the ADOs that will become the set that will

be used to build the V2 repository, but I do not expect them to available

before Monday of next week. You should therefore not be attempting to

upgrade a V1.1 repository to V2 at this stage. I can almost guarantee that

you will land up with a corrupt repository if you try to do this right now.

If you want to experiment with a V2 repository, you should do so by creating

a new repository from the .df and .d files up on POSSE and experiment with

that. You can use the DCU to do this, just make sure you are using the DCU

in V2.

As soon as I have finished with the V2 ADO changes, I will send an e-mail to

the list advising of the updated status.

regards,

Bruce

Bruce S Gruenbaum, Principal Software Engineer

the Progress Company

http://www.progress.com

bgruenba@progress.com