[icf-dev] window sizes

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Jul-2002 06:59

Hi,

I know that Dynamics stores sizes of windows, so that next time, when

same window is started by same user, the old sizes are used.

But I now have a problem:

I have a window which don't want to start. During startup I get errors

in the lookup.p. Unable to create TEXT widget.

It looks like that the window is created with a size which is too small

to get it's contents(frames, etc..) realised.

When I login as different user, I do not have this problem.

How can I get this solved?

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -<http://www.cargomate.com/>

CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Jul-2002 07:03

HI Martin,

If you open a menu, and go to File, Preferences, there is an option on

one of the tabs to clear the saved poisiotns and sizes.

HTH,

Peter

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Jul-2002 07:05

Hi Martin,

It might be that the last saved size is now smaller than the minimum

required size for the viewer after it was changed. You should go to the user

profiles and clear all your current window positions and sizes and it should

start up with the object's minimum size.

Regards,

Mark Davies

Senior Analyst Programmer

MIP

Tel: +27 (0)11 803 1281

Fax: +27 (0)11 807 1732

E-Mail: markd@mip.co.za

PO Box 2899, Rivonia, 2128

Johannesburg, South Africa

Avoid people who say they know the answer. Keep the company of people who

are trying to understand the question.

I know that Dynamics stores sizes of windows, so that next time, when

same window is started by same user, the old sizes are used.

But I now have a problem:

I have a window which don't want to start. During startup I get errors

in the lookup.p. Unable to create TEXT widget.

It looks like that the window is created with a size which is too small

to get it's contents(frames, etc..) realised.

When I login as different user, I do not have this problem.

How can I get this solved?

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Jul-2002 10:52

Peter,

This doesn't work. Problem still exists.