[icf-dev] AppServer Session in Linux

Posted by LegacyUser on 18-Jul-2002 11:59

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Dynamics AppServer session on a Linux environment.

I've been looking at the Dynamics Installation and Administration Guide

(version 1), and found only one reference to UNIX installations: "To install

the Repositoty on a UNIX AppServer, you must have an existing Windows

Dynamics installation from which you can deploy the Repository and server

code to the target AppServer environment."

Is there any detail on exactly what Dynamics Installation server code

(directories, files, etc) must be deployed and how to achieve this (simply

copy them from Windows, re-compile, etc)?

TIA,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Jul-2002 10:44

Hello Ariel,

I have not actually had the chance of configuring this yet but I have

some information that may help you.

Yes, simply copy the files in the tty directory from Windows to Linux.

If you do not have a tty directory, you can use the gui directory

created by pbuild.

You do not need to recompile because it is the same architecture.

You will need to modify the ubroker.properties and define the icfrepos

AppServer using Linux/UNIX conventions:

colon ( for PROPATH separator, $ for variable references.

Below is an example of the icfrepos section in the ubroker.properties

file that I have from a Windows installation with the names replaced to

Linux/UNIX.

The directories that used are the following:

/usr/progress/posseicf - ICF code, contains tty directory

/usr/progress/icf - Developer directory, contains work directory

Also, you would need to generate an icfconfig.xml file with the

references to the location of the databases.

Regards,

Edsel

appserviceNameList=icfrepos

autoStart=0

brokerLogFile=/usr/progress/log/icfrepos.broker.log

srvrLogFile=/usr/progress/log/icfrepos.server.log

srvrStartupParam=-pf "/usr/progress/icf/pf/as.pf"

controllingNameServer=NS1

initialSrvrInstance=1

operatingMode=Stateless

PROPATH=.:/usr/progress/icf/work:/usr/progress/posseicf/tty/icf:/usr/progress/posseicf/tty:/usr/progress/posseicf:/usr/progress/posseicf/src:$:${WorkPa

th}

srvrActivateProc=as_activate.p

srvrConnectProc=as_connect.p

srvrDeactivateProc=as_deactivate.p

srvrDisconnProc=as_disconnect.p

srvrShutdownProc=as_shutdown.p

srvrStartupProc=as_startup.p

uuid=11d1def534ea1be0:283b8a:e8c5ff9235:-7da4

workDir=/usr/progress/icf/work

Ariel Sorbello wrote:

>Hi,

>I'm trying to set up a Dynamics AppServer session on a Linux environment.

>I've been looking at the Dynamics Installation and Administration Guide

>(version 1), and found only one reference to UNIX installations: "To install

>the Repositoty on a UNIX AppServer, you must have an existing Windows

>Dynamics installation from which you can deploy the Repository and server

>code to the target AppServer environment."

>Is there any detail on exactly what Dynamics Installation server code

>(directories, files, etc) must be deployed and how to achieve this (simply

>copy them from Windows, re-compile, etc)?

>TIA,

>Ariel.-

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Jul-2002 11:37

Thanks a lot, Edsel.

This is usefull information.

Regards,