[icf-dev] Using Pbuild

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 09:49

Hi,

I'm trying to install Dynamics V2 with cvs on a new note book, following the

documentation every thing worked ok until I got to "pbuild".

I set the DLC, POSSE and PATH variable, but when I run pbuild I get the

following output with a Progress error.

/////////*

$ ./src/adebuild/pbuild

pbuild: BEGIN Building the Progress Applications...

PATH=:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/progress/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program

Files/progress:

/cygdrive/c/Program

Files/progress/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/

Tcl/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Syste

m32/

Wbem

PROGRESS=prowin32.exe + " -b -inp 18000 -yy 1950 -tok 1600 -D 150 -mmax

65534

63"

DLC=/cygdrive/c/Program Files/progress

WORK=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/pbuild.dir

TMPDIR=C:/TEMP

BASEPROPATH=,c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet,c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/src,c:\PROGRE

SS\W

RK\possenet/src/wrappers,c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/e4gl

cprcodeout=undefined

POSSE=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet

POSSESRC=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/src

POSSEDST=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/gui

POSSEE4GL=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/e4gl

POSSEICF=

POSSEICFSRC=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/src

POSSEICFDST=c:\PROGRESS\WRK\possenet/gui

DIRLIST= adecomm adecomp adedesk adedict adeedit adeicon aderes aderesc

adesha

adetran adeuib adeweb adexml adm adm2 as4dict icf prodict prohelp protools

web

eb2 webutil wrappers

Convert HTML w/ Embedded 4gl to .w ...

>>Compile Procedures for gui<<

Command: pbuild

pbuild: Creating dictdb database ... Thu Aug 8 10:06:07 2002

PROGRESS database empty was not found. error: 293

///////*

I think it's Path problem but I can't figure it out.

prodb runs from the commeand line but has the same error when you choose the

db.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Gustavo Brasil

Labtech Systems Inc.

www.labtechsys.com

905 814 8836 x-201

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 10:24

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) cygwin gets confused if you have spaces

in the path to your Progress installation. IOW, if you install Progress in

C:\Program Files\Progress, cygwin will not recognize the path.

regards,

Bruce

Bruce S Gruenbaum, Principal Software Engineer

the Progress Company

http://www.progress.com

bgruenba@progress.com

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 11:41

Thanks Bruce,

I'm going to reinstall Progress and give it a try....

Gustavo

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 12:07

Also make sure you specify all paths using the UNIX-style forward slash (e.g.,

POSSE).

--

Tom Nordhougen

Progress Software Corp.

http://www.progress.com

The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and

to preserve change amid order. -Alfred North Whitehead

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 12:17

Gustavo,

I used to have a similar situation a time ago. In my case, I wasn't using

any spaces in the PATH (I used c:/Progress/91c), but any way...take a look

at this also:

Your DLC definition should be something like with:

#91c

#script to set up environment variables for Progress 9.1C

DLC="C:/" export DLC

PATH="$DLC:$DLC/bin:$PATH" export PATH

#end of script 91c

Note the "C:" instead of the "/cygdrive/c". The other scripts can keep those

"/cygdrive/c" definitions.

Regards,

Ariel.

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 14:03

You shouldn't have to reinstall progress...

Cygwin allows the use of DOS filename notation (for filenames over 8 chars

long) - I guess because it just passes this to the underlying OS - in this

case NT/w2k which does the DOS notation conversion.

So you can substitute this:

c:\program files\progress

with this:

/cygdrive/c/progra~1

HTH

Tim Huffam

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Aug-2002 10:00

Thanks Bruce,

I think we figure out the problem, The DLC, PATH and POSSE environment

variable has to be created on the windows environment, before starting

Cygwin.

Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environment Variable and create the

variables.

Start cygwin and run Pbuild, it should work ok.

Thanks,

Gustavo