[icf-dev] Placeholder for buttons on DynToolbar

Posted by LegacyUser on 17-Aug-2002 11:04

Hi,

I have not been able to find detailed info on how to implement a placeholder

for buttons on a DynToolbar, using Dynamics 1.1ASP3. Is this possible?

I have tried something like this, using the Toolbar&Menu Designer:

1.Define an item "DynamicToolbar" as a placeholder type.

2.Define a band (toolbar type) "BANDxxx" and add some items (action type) to

it. In the Band Object tab, add a record and assign the container's name in

which I wish the band to appear, also the "DynamicToolbar" placeholder item.

3.Define another band (toolbar type) "BANDyyy" and add the "DynamicToolbar"

item (placeholder type).

3.Define a smart toolbar "STBxxx" and add band "BANDyyy" to it.

4.Add smart toolbar "STBxxx" to the container.

When I launch the container I only see a button with the "DynamicToolbar"

label on the "STBxxx" toolbar, buttons of band "BANDxxx" are not displayed.

Using similiar steps, this works just fine for Menu and Submenu structures.

Am I missing something?

TIA,

Ariel.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Aug-2002 05:43

Ariel,

The placeholder only works for the menus - not the toolbar buttons. You may

want to submit an enhancement request for this functionality.

Regards.

Gary.

Gary S Clink

Consultant

Phone: +44-(0)1753-216300

Direct: +44-(0)1753-216308

E-Mail: gary.clink@progress.com

Progress Software (UK) URL: http://www.progress.com/

This e-mail is from Progress Software. Our web site is at

http://www.progress.com Our principal place of business in the UK is at 210

Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, UK. Our central telephone number is

+44 (0)1753 216300.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the

recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged

information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other

person. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and

delete the e-mail from your system.