[icf-dev] Issuezilla attributes

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Aug-2002 08:35

Hi,

maybe Issuezilla should offer numeric-format (and date-format) as a

standard attribute to issues (like OS and platform). As with the start

of the repository mantenance tool internationalisation issues are often

more complex than expected. I guess that might be a valuable information

for the developer the issue gets assigned to.

(As some issues might only be reproducable with European settings)

And on the other hand, a user covering the problem might not be able to

decide if it might be an internationalisation issue and will not enter

this useful information.

Just my thoughts,

Mike

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Aug-2002 08:41

great thoughts - we just cannot change issuezilla unfortunately. The best we

can hope for at the moment is that people remember to add their session info

to the bug and highlight their date and number formats. If nothing is

available, we will likely assume American !

We do however have a lot of code in the framework to try and resolve these

types of issues, so hopefully there should not be too much more of them

around - but they can be nasty ones to find when they appear.

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony D Swindells

Lead Architect, Progress Dynamics