[icf-dev] Dynamics SP3

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Aug-2002 17:06

Hi,

I've just installed Dynamics SP3 following instructions as detailed in the

readme file.

Just to check my app is workforme as it did in SP2, I recompiled an SDO and

its Logic Procedure and launched a dynamic container that besides that SDO

includes a dynamic toolbar, dynamic browser and dynamic viewer.

I find now, that all standard dynamics error messages (defined using

aferrortxt.i) coming from server-side IP (*TransValidate, triggers, etc.)

show up to the client interface in the raw form of, for example: "?^message

text^writepretransvalidate module/sdologcp.p:pretransactionvalidate

module/sdofullo.w^"

Stack trace shows:

icfstart.p (C:\Program Files\Progress Dynamics\gui\icf\icfstart.r) at line

682

initializeSession C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\icf\af\app\afxmlcfgp.r (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\icf\af\app\afxmlcfgp.r) at line 1877

startProcedure C:\Program Files\Progress Dynamics\gui\icf\af\app\afxmlcfgp.r

(C:\Program Files\Progress Dynamics\gui\icf\af\app\afxmlcfgp.r) at line 2629

C:\Program Files\Progress Dynamics\gui\_ab.r (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\_ab.r) at line 442

adeuib/_uibmain.p (adeuib/_uibmain.r) at line 65535

onChoose adm2/toolbar.p (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\adm2\toolbar.r) at line 4608

updateRecord adm2/datavis.p (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\adm2\datavis.r) at line 3842

submitRow adm2/data.p (C:\Program Files\Progress Dynamics\gui\adm2\data.r)

at line 12678

submitCommit adm2/data.p (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\adm2\data.r) at line 7751

commitTransaction adm2/data.p (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\adm2\data.r) at line 3323

--> showDataMessages adm2/datavis.p (C:\Program Files\Progress

Dynamics\gui\adm2\datavis.r) at line 6129

Error messages coming from client-side IP (RowObjectValidate,

columnValidate, etc.) just show up fine.

I'm on a W2K Advanced Server SP2, 9.1C19, using a ICFDev session.

Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Aug-2002 03:14

Ariel,

We have this issues as well with all error messages coming from the SDO

transaction validation procedures.

There is an issue logged for it already (4331). As far as I can see it

will be fixed in V2 or after the V2 beta has been released - not sure if

it will be fixed for 1.1.

Regards

Thomas Hansen

Managing Director

___________________________________

MIP Europe A/S

Ã…strupvej 53

9800 Hjørring

Denmark

Tel.: +45 98 90 49 16

Fax.: +45 98 90 49 17

Mobile : +45 20 16 19 29

E-mail : thomas@mip-europe.com

Web : www.mip-europe.com

Chairman - Danish Progress User Group

__________________________________

Dynamics-Based Astra2, AstraGen2 Global Application and AstraFin2

Financial Modules

      • Advanced Future Proof RAD Progress Enterprise Development ****

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Aug-2002 19:54

Thomas,

Thanks for feedback.

Are you aware if migration to V2 will be possible from a SP2 development, or

should that be SP3?

Regards,

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Aug-2002 07:03

Hi,

Have Dynamics SP3.

Has anybody had problems with Range Security.

Situation.

Have built the demo and this works fine with an example of Range Security

for Countries.

However if I define an additional range record for say "Carries" against

Orders and us the same code structure in the InitializeObject code in

Orderlogcp.p (Changed Input Vales to 'Carriers' and 'orderfullo' etc) the

data returned is always the Countries data values????

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Peter

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Aug-2002 12:25

upgrades will only be supported from at least SP3 to V2.

Anthony

Anthony D Swindells

Lead Architect, Progress Dynamics

Progress Software Corporation

aswindel@progress.com

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Aug-2002 17:31

When I run the same application (upgrated from SP2 to SP3) against AppServer

in Linux (9.1C10) I'm seeing error "BUFFER-FIELD HasDynamicProxy was not

found in buffer ADMProps (7351)" when any dynamic container is launched. The

container comes finally up, and everything seems to works fine.

After upgrading repository I recompiled static objects and updated all

necessary dynamics installation files on the linux environment. Appserver

settings, environment settings and such are the same as those I had

configured for SP2 repository.

Is there anything else I should do to avoid this error?

TIA,

Ariel.-