[icf-dev] V2 DCU

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Aug-2002 14:27

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Dynamics from posse main branch, how can I run

the DCU to upgrade my new ICF database with my old Dynamics 1.1 application.

Is there any documentation?

Thanks,

Gustavo Brasil

Labtech Systems Inc.

www.labtechsys.com

905 814 8836 x-201

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Aug-2002 15:05

See issue #5213 on POSSE for some summary migration instructions. I also

attached a spec to this issue with more details.

A word of warning - the current state of the code in the main branch is beta

level code. It will change further over the next 8 weeks or so, API's will

change, and data may also change. Anything built with the current version of

the code in the MAIN branch may not be able to be upgraded to the latest

version we create for FCS of Progress Dynamics V2, so you should just use

this version for testing and experimental work.

We may also change the upgrade and migration programs to fix any issues

found with this beta level code - which would cause you issues going forward

if you were relying on the current version of the data.

Regards

Anthony

Anthony D Swindells

Lead Architect, Progress Dynamics

Progress Software Corporation

aswindel@progress.com

I downloaded and installed Dynamics from posse main branch, how can I run

the DCU to upgrade my new ICF database with my old Dynamics 1.1 application.

Is there any documentation?

Thanks,

Gustavo Brasil

Labtech Systems Inc.

www.labtechsys.com

905 814 8836 x-201

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-Aug-2002 08:02

Thanks Anthony, we are in the beta for V2, I just want to get started with

the testing.

Gustavo Brasil