[icf-dev] label for DynCombo??

Posted by LegacyUser on 22-Aug-2002 09:14

I am writing a trigger that will need to be able to pull what field the

user is currently on. With basic field-level objects, I can use FOCUS:NAME

or FOCUS:LABEL.

When I am on a dynCombo, FOCUS:NAME = "fiCombo" and FOCUS:LABEL = ? (this

presumably will also be the case for dyn-Lookup when the issue with

triggers in dynLookups is fixed-- I can't test it at this point though). I

need to be able to get something solid to identify one field from the

others, but can't figure how to get it. It needs to be something that

won't change between sessions.

If I could find the handle to the instance of the dynCombo procedure for

that field, I would be fine-- but can't figure how to get that...

Any ideas??

Thanks--

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 22-Aug-2002 16:14

I'm using adm2 and this is how I do it. I have a function in a super

procedure. I didn't put the 'getContainerHandle' in the function put I

could have passed h_dynreason and done it in the function.

Hope that it works the same in dynamics.

hPrimary =

DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('getSelectHandle':U,DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('getContainerHandle':U

IN h_dynreason),'combo-box').

FUNCTION getSelectHandle RETURNS HANDLE

( INPUT i-select AS HANDLE, INPUT i-type AS CHAR ) :

ASSIGN i-select = i-select:FIRST-CHILD

i-select = i-select:FIRST-CHILD.

DO WHILE VALID-HANDLE(i-select):

IF i-select:TYPE = i-type

THEN RETURN i-select.

i-select = i-select:NEXT-SIBLING.

END.

RETURN ?.

END FUNCTION.

Miles

[...]

DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this email and any attachments

are intended for the named recipient only. It may contain

privileged and confidential information, if you are not the

named recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or

take any action in reliance on it. The legal privilege and

confidentiality attached to this email is not waived, lost

or destroyed by reason of a mistaken delivery to you. If you

have received this email in error, please notify the sender

and delete it from your computer and network. Unless stated

otherwise, this email represents the views of the sender and

not necessarily those of the RTA.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Aug-2002 09:05

From what I can tell from the code you gave, it will return the handle to

the combo-box, given the handle of the dynamic combo box.

I need rather the opposite.

I've got the handle to the combo-box widget (it is the FOCUS handle when

the trigger I'm writing fires). The combo-box itself doesn't have a label

(FOCUS:label = ?). The handle to the combo-box widget doesn't help me much

in this case. What I'd like to get is the equivalent to your h_dynreason,

but I don't see how to get it with the starting point of the field level

combo-box widget.

Does this make any sense??

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

--On Friday, August 23, 2002 7:14 AM +1000 Miles Klettke

wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 28-Aug-2002 11:11

I logged an issue with Tech support, but hope I can get a quick answer here

which will allow me to continue beta testing with our application upgraded

from v1.1SP3 to V2.

I suspect somewhere along the way a step has been missed either in the

definition of

the DLProc object type in our 1.1 repository, or in applying a noddy to

register DLProcs.

(Most of our SDO's were generated a long time ago.)

Although we are using Roundtable, I decided to procopy our existing

repository to a

separate beta test area, and upgrade it without Roundtable, just to keep

things simple.

The DCU performed the upgrade to 2.0 exactly as expected and without a

hitch. Aside

from manually modifying the supplied icfconfig.xml to put in the proper

connection

parameters (which perhaps the DCU could've/should've done for me) to the

LINUX database,

the initial dynamics startup worked fine, as well, except for an error 5893

related to having to register prox.dll which the knowledgebase explained was

something to do with upgrading the same minor version numbers of Progress ie

9.1C to 9.1D... This error came up after all the post-DCU fixes were applied

to the database, and I have assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it did not impact

the 1.1->2.0 Dynamics upgrade.

The problem I have right now, is that when I attempt to start the

application through the launcher, V2 gives me a message that the DLProc for

the menu has not been registered. When I open the procedure in AppBuilder

and select File->Register in Repository, there is no DLProc in the 'Object

Type' combo. (When I look in the Object type maintenance, DLProc is there,

but when I expand the tree view node, I get an error message.)

I thought it'd be easy to work around this, to manually add my DLProcs to

the repository,

but now I'm not sure what to do. So any guidance from you folks would be

appreciated.

TIA,

Tom Greenwood

DEGAMA Systems Inc.