[icf-dev] Dynamics Version

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Aug-2002 04:09

Hi,

is there an easy (and fast) way to query to version of Dynamics similar

to the PROVERSION 4gl function? Any function in the session manager

etc.?

Regards,

Mike

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Aug-2002 11:48

Check afmessaged.w - this is the help about in Dynamics and shows you how to

get lots of relevant version info.

As for the version of Dynamics - not really. With the commercial product a

version.txt file ships you could check - not sure of exact name off the top

of my head.

Alternatively you could check the schema version of the icfdb database - see

above file for how but it just checks a sequence value that gets updated in

the database - then the delta for 1.1SP3 was 7 and for V2 is 13 (or above!).

You could alternatively check for the existence of some new V2 function or

procedure or manager if you are just trying to write backward compatible

conditional code.

We should also likely add something to make this easier - I just do not

think we have something currently? but I may be wrong...

HTH

Anthony

Anthony D Swindells

Lead Architect, Progress Dynamics