[icf-dev] Erwin delete trigger custom

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Sep-2002 03:32

Hi,

I am using Erwin and Dynamics 1.1a.

When generating the triggers from Erwin, the write trigger has a custom

include file, but

the delete trigger has not.

Is there a reason for this? And how can we customize this so the

delete triggers gets a custom include as well?

To me this seems to be a feature which is usefull for all Dynamics users

using

Erwin for db generation.

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -<http://www.cargomate.com/>

CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Sep-2002 03:52

Hi Martin,

With version 2 and the ERwin 4.1 macros, you have a new UDP to specify a

cusomization include for a trigger. When using the 1.1 version, you have to

modify the trigger template and add the hook yourself. Look at

src/icf/db/af/erw/afercustrg.i for the standard trigger code.

Ciao!

Frank

When generating the triggers from Erwin, the write trigger has a custom

include file, but

the delete trigger has not.

Is there a reason for this? And how can we customize this so the

delete triggers gets a custom include as well?

To me this seems to be a feature which is usefull for all Dynamics users

using

Erwin for db generation.

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Sep-2002 03:59

Hi Frank,

Changing the delete trigger template forces me

to generate custom delete includes for EVERY

delete trigger procedure.

Otherwise the compiler does not compile the delete

trigger due to missing include.

Is there a way to avoid that?

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Sep-2002 04:18

Hi Martin,

You can by introducing a new UPD to control the generation of such a

customization. That way you can control generation on a per table base much

like we've done in version 2.