[icf-dev] Problem with tab-order and dynamic combos and look

Posted by LegacyUser on 07-Aug-2002 15:16

I have run into a situation that I hope someone here can help me with.

I need to be able to identify where an item in a viewer is within the

tab-order of that viewer. I am able to use the TAB-POSITION attribute when

I'm working with standard field-level widgets.

However, I am not having any success using TAB-POSITION with dynamic combos

and dynamic lookups. They are all returning 1 (indicating that they should

be the first entry in the tab-order). Progress is obviously doing

something to determine their position within the tab-order, but I haven't

been able to figure what I'm missing.

Any suggestions??

Thanks--

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 07-Aug-2002 15:35

If I recall correctly, TAB-POSITION is related to position within a

frame. Dynamic combos and lookups are within their own frame, so they

would be 1 within that frame. I'm not sure how you could determine its

position in the overall scheme.

Rick

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Aug-2002 01:05

Hi

If they are frames then they are part of a frame family. Hence you

should be able to do something like the following where is

the lookups frame.

FRAME :FRAME:TAB-POSITION

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Sep-2002 18:45

On terminal server, the Ok, Cancel, Apply, Clear, Help do not appear after

permanet.

I have already placed a call with Tech Support on this issue. Can anyone

point out what is the issue here. It does appear to be

with Metaframe as the same application works fine in pure NT or W2K

environments.

TIA,

Ali Rahbar