[icf-dev] Crystal Reports and Dynamics

Posted by LegacyUser on 15-Oct-2002 10:21

I have a quick question that I hope folks here can help answer.

Dynamics has some code that integrates Crystal Reports into Dynamics (for

printing browses and such). I've been told that this requires the Crystal

.dll files be in place, and was wondering how to make sure that they would

be available (when installed on a customer's site).

Looking at the licensing options from Crystal, the "Developer" license

gives a free runtime license. Would that allow me to deploy the .dll's

required to make the Crystal integration work?

Thanks--

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 15-Oct-2002 10:53

Hi James,

The quick answer is yes - the reason that Progress didn't ship it with

Dynamics is that it would require the Development licence (which is not

free) but your customers - as long as they're not developing with Dynamics

as well - will be able to use the free runtime licence.

HTH.

Gary.

I have a quick question that I hope folks here can help answer.

Dynamics has some code that integrates Crystal Reports into Dynamics (for

printing browses and such). I've been told that this requires the Crystal

.dll files be in place, and was wondering how to make sure that they would

be available (when installed on a customer's site).

Looking at the licensing options from Crystal, the "Developer" license

gives a free runtime license. Would that allow me to deploy the .dll's

required to make the Crystal integration work?

Thanks--

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Oct-2002 04:06

Hi !

I have written some code that supports Viper for Dynamics.

This is similar than Crystal code.

This works very well. This code is not at the moment publicly available but if you are interested you could contact IAP GmbH.

Viper also needs one developers lisence but it is well integrated to Progeress 4GL.

Best regards,

-Veli-Matti