[icf-dev] Use of Smart Business Object field on a viewer

Posted by LegacyUser on 18-Oct-2002 07:21

Can anyone tell me how to treat SBO fields on a viewer ?

I've made a SBO with 1 parent table & 2 dependent childs which are based on

the same entity (Example: Transport for the parent and Transport Dates for

the childs).

- All the tables are marked as 'update from datasource (one-to-one).

- The first dependent SDO contains only 'Estimated Loading dates', the

second SDO manages only the 'Real Loading dates'. I've added to each child a

custom instance name, based on

the functionality.

Then I've made a viewer which is based on this SBO. I can add from each

dependent SDO the date field onto the viewer.

When I perform the function, the result

I've got is 2 times the same fieldnames, this because the instance name

isn't returned as part of the result.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem ?

thanks

Eddy Kusters

e-mail: eku@organi.be

Organi bvba

Dynamicalaan 15

2610 Wilrijk-Antwerpen

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 18-Oct-2002 08:56

DisplayedFields and EnabledFields should have the qualified field names with

the corresponding handles in Fieldhandles and EnabledHandles.

HÃ¥vard

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 18-Oct-2002 09:41

HÃ¥vard,

I also detected that for the Smart Data Fields the instance name is included

in the fieldname as result

for the GetAllFieldNames function.

For the rest of the DB fields, this isn't the case.

We're currently working in Dynamics V1.1.

Regards,

Eddy