Re: [icf-dev] display rowobject-fields

Posted by LegacyUser on 18-Oct-2002 11:48

This one gets a little tricky if you must display the values before the record is written to the db. I'm not sure shy this would be a requirement, unless you gave the user an opportunity to cancel after the values are displayed, but before the update.

The rowObject buffer is not available to you in the SmartDataViewer. Only the field values are passed to the SDV for display.

If your objective is to programmatically assign fields as the record is being updated, you should do this in one of the pre or begin transValidate procedures of the SDOs data logic procedure. The values will be updated and the record will be redisplayed in the SDV (with the new values) after the update.

If this doesn't do what you want, perhaps a little more detail on exactly what you are trying to accomplish would help us to answer it better.

Rick

- Original Message -

From: Rob Dorgelo <r.dorgelo@wolmail.nlDate: Friday, October 18, 2002 9:37 pm

Subject: display rowobject-fields

Hello,

Can you help me with this one:

First, I add a record. After the start of the save process and

before the

standard behaviour of updateRecord, I want to assign values to

rowObjectfields of the sdo, and display that values in the

corresponding fields on

the viewer.

TIA, Rob

--

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Oct-2002 01:47

I'm not sure if this has changed but, if this is a static viewer or you are

running a custom super proc from the viewer, you could override

collectChanges, assign screen-values and append pcChanges with whatever

changes you have.