[icf-dev] getObjectName in different session types

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 18:46

On Dynamics 1.1ASP3, calling getObjectName() behaves sligthly different

according to the session type in which it is called.

For example, for a static SDO, it returns "customerfullo" when used in an

ICFDev session, and rather "<module-directory>/customerfullo" within an

ICFRuntime session under a WebClient configuration.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Is there any other property, which I can use to get exactly the same object

name no matter what the session type is?

Thanks,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 19:05

This should be reported as a bug, the ObjectName is intended as a unique

reference within the container and should not change with session types.

Is this consistent for all objects?

HÃ¥vard

On Dynamics 1.1ASP3, calling getObjectName() behaves sligthly different

according to the session type in which it is called.

For example, for a static SDO, it returns "customerfullo" when used in an

ICFDev session, and rather "/customerfullo" within an

ICFRuntime session under a WebClient configuration.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Is there any other property, which I can use to get exactly the same object

name no matter what the session type is?

Thanks,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 20:01

HÃ¥vard,

I have only seen this happening with static SDO's. I have not checked this

on other static objects.

Dynamic objects do not have this behaviour.

On Dynamics 1.1ASP3, calling getObjectName() behaves sligthly different

according to the session type in which it is called.

For example, for a static SDO, it returns "customerfullo" when used in an

ICFDev session, and rather "/customerfullo" within an

ICFRuntime session under a WebClient configuration.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Is there any other property, which I can use to get exactly the same object

name no matter what the session type is?

Thanks,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 20:12

Does the LogicalObjectName property have the same problem? (The

LogicalObjectName is the name of the object in the Repository, so it cannot

be reliably used as a unique reference within a container)

I assume these SDOs are stored in the Repository?

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 20:27

LogicalObjectName just returns an empty string for the static SDO's, both in

WebClient and local session.

The static SDOs seemed to be stored in repository, as I can open them from

the "Open Object" option and query them using the ROMT.

I have checked that this doesn't happen with static SDV. Function

getObjectName() behaves correctly (same name) in both session types for

static SDV.

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 24-Oct-2002 21:53

Ariel,

The problem seem to be in containr.p constructObject.

IF INDEX(pcProcName,"_cl":U) NE 0 THEN

DO:

DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('setObjectName':U IN phObject,

SUBSTR(ENTRY(1, pcProcName, ".":U),1,INDEX(pcProcName,"_cl":U) -

1)).

END. /* END DO IF _cl */

I have not verifeied that this is the problem, but this logic fails to

remove the directory. It is important that the '_cl' is removed though. The

logic to set the default objectname is in the main block of smart.i.

You can of course just fix this directly in constructObject, but in order to

isolate your fix from upgrades you should override constructObject in

customcontainr.p or, perhaps better, setObjectName in customdata.p as it is

set through the function.

I think that you should be able to rely on this the way you try to, so you

should enter an issue (or call support). I suspect the name also is

different when running dynamic data objects.

HÃ¥vard