[icf-dev] Dynamics SP2 initial install

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Nov-2002 09:26

While assembling a container with a 5 tabs folder and launching it, I came

across issue 2773 (irregular-tabs arrangement if >4 tabs). Reading through

issue 2773 and 3324, repository should have a value of 10 for the TabsPerRow

attribute in afspfoldrw.w object. I checked this in our ICFDB and we have a

value of 4 for this attribute.

We are currently developing based on a SP3 Dynamics installation, migrated

from an initial Dynamics SP2 development. We started near June with a clean

SP2 installation using the DCU utility to create fresh ICFDB and RVDB

databases. As those databases where created by the SP2 DCU, I understood

from documentation I didn't need to apply the ADOs that came with SP2 to the

recently created repository. Is this correct? We didn't apply the

fixAttribValues.p either. We developed until September using SP2 and then

whe applied SP3 (we did apply fixotdlproc.p) and continued our Dynamics

development.

Can anyone tell me if this was the right installation procedure?

I would also appreciate instructions on the right way to correct things in

our ICFDB database.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 02-Nov-2002 12:20

BTW, when I initially installed Dynamics to start our development, I

proceded as follow:

1.Installation of Dynamics 1.1A, without DCU run.

2.Installation of SP2 (installation instructions do not state that SP1 must

be applied first), with DCU run and create of fresh repository databases. No

ADO import, nor fixAttribValues.p execution.

3.Recently I applied SP3, without DCU run, with execution of fixotdlproc.p

against our repository.

On the other hand, I have just finished some installation tests, using the

SP2 DCU and found the following results:

Test 1: Create a fresh ICFDB database using SP2 DCU -TabsPerRow(afspfoldrw.w)=4

Test 2: Create a fresh ICFDB database using SP2 DCU, then apply ADO import

(as stated in installation instructions) to newly created repository and run

the fixAttribValues.p -TabsPerRow(afspfoldrw.w)=4

TabsPerRow for afspfoldrw.w seems to have always a value of 4, with or

without ADO apply, using a direct SP2 initial install procedure. I'm also

wondering if this is the only attribute out of sync in our repository.

Is this a possible installation issue or am I missing some steps here?