[icf-dev] Problem Generating Objects

Posted by LegacyUser on 04-Nov-2002 23:09

Windows XP

Progress 9.1D (SP1 installed)

Posse Version 2.0 Baseline 4 with cvs files.

Down load per instructions, unpacked, and so on. Then did an update from

CVS to pick up any changes. Built the system per instructions. All

appeared normal in the build log. Set Up ini and pf files per

instructions. Started icf and logged in. All looks OK.

Started working through John Sadd's "Getting Started With Progress

Dynamics". All good until I try to build the objects (Section 2.6). The

process runs, and there are no error messages, but at the end it says

91% and complete, but when I go to the next step (2.7 Viewing and

editing your application objects) I see only DynBrow and SDO objects.

The build log indicates that a Dynamic Viewer was also created, but it

seems not to have registered.

Can anyone confirm if the Dynamic Viewer should also be listed, and if

so suggest anything that I should be checking as a possible source, or

how I might tackle debugging this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 04-Nov-2002 23:51

Hi William,

From the looks of things it seems that you are running Dynamics V1.1 SP3. Is

that correct?

The new Object Generator in V2 does not have the status anymore.

You cannot edit Dynamic Viewers in V1.1 - it's only available in V2 - you

can 'view' the DynViewer in the Repository Maintenance tool (from the Build

menu). Enter the name in the Object Name lookup and press the Apply button.

Expand the DynView, Objects and your viewer nodes - if you expand the Object

Instance node you will see all the DataFields on that viewer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Davies

Senior Analyst Programmer

MIP

Tel: +27 (0)11 803 1281

Fax: +27 (0)11 807 1732

E-Mail: markd@mip.co.za

PO Box 2899, Rivonia, 2128

Johannesburg, South Africa

Avoid people who say they know the answer. Keep the company of people who

are trying to understand the question.

[...]

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.