[icf-dev] Dynamics 2.0 on Linux

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Nov-2002 12:02

Has anyone managed to get this to work?? I am attempting to run the

WebSpeed portion of Dynamics on my Linux box, but to no avail..

In the WebSpeed server log all I am getting is:

S-0001>(12-Nov-02 17:12:52:813) 250 init-session ry/app/rywebspeed.p

ICFSTARTUPERR: INVALID CONFIG FILE OR CONFIG FILE NOT FOUND

I did make sure there was no hard-coded paths in the icfconfig.xml file

in tty/ry directory..

I have copied the tty/ directory to a directory on my Linux box, and

done all the Apache server setup stuff as per the docs.. Unfortunately,

there is no info in the docs on how to do the Linux/Unix setup.. I have

confirmed that Apache is working and happy with the Alias info (did this

by forcing the messenger to look at a Windows box) and it all works just

fine..

Any pointers on what I need to change to get this to work???

TIA.

Kevin

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Nov-2002 14:28

Kevin,

The default location for the icfconfig.xml file is tty/icf. Your message

indicates that you have it in 'tty/ry' (tty/icf/ry?). If that is not a typo,

try moving the file to either tty/icf, or to the WebSpeed working directory.

Regards,

Aidan

Aidan Jeffery aidan@progress.com

Sr Software Engineer Tel: (781) 280-4012

Dynamics & ADE Tools QA

the Progress Company

14 Oak Park, Bedford, MA 01730

Visit us at http://www.progress.com

Join the Progress Open Source Software Exchange (POSSE)

at http://www.possenet.org

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Nov-2002 16:04

No worries

Would be interested to see how you get on with Linux (we've found it not as

stable as other unix platforms - but we're persisting).