[icf-dev] Accessing SDO Temp-table

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Nov-2002 08:48

Hi,

Is there any way to access the entire record set (i.e. all records that can

be seen in the browser) that the SDO retrieves on the client side from code?

Your response is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Robert Pooley

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Nov-2002 08:51

Hi Robert,

You can get the handle of the RowObject TT using where hDataSource is the SDO procedure handle.

This buffer should be positioned to the current row in the browser. You can then loop through the buffer fields and do what you need to.

You could also create a new buffer for this rowObject buffer and then open a query on that to navigate the data in the TT.

HTH,

Peter

|Is there any way to access the entire record set (i.e. all

|records that can be seen in the browser) that the SDO

|retrieves on the client side from code?

|Your response is much appreciated.

|Kind regards

|Robert Pooley

|For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Nov-2002 01:55

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you reply.

You said " You can then loop through the buffer fields and do what you need

to.", how do we get the buffer fields ?

We tried but received the message

"User-defined function getbrowsefields invoked dynamically but could not be

found.

Kind regards

Robert Pooley

You can get the handle of the RowObject TT using {get RowObject

hRowObjectBuffer hDataSource} where hDataSource is the SDO procedure handle.

This buffer should be positioned to the current row in the browser. You

can then loop through the buffer fields and do what you need to.

You could also create a new buffer for this rowObject buffer and then open

a query on that to navigate the data in the TT.

HTH,

Peter

|Is there any way to access the entire record set (i.e. all

|records that can be seen in the browser) that the SDO

|retrieves on the client side from code?

|Your response is much appreciated.

|Kind regards

|Robert Pooley

|For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Nov-2002 01:55

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you reply.

You said " You can then loop through the buffer fields and do what you need

to.", how do we get the buffer fields ?

We tried but received the message

"User-defined function getbrowsefields invoked dynamically but could not be

found.

Kind regards

Robert Pooley

You can get the handle of the RowObject TT using {get RowObject

hRowObjectBuffer hDataSource} where hDataSource is the SDO procedure handle.

This buffer should be positioned to the current row in the browser. You

can then loop through the buffer fields and do what you need to.

You could also create a new buffer for this rowObject buffer and then open

a query on that to navigate the data in the TT.

HTH,

Peter

|Is there any way to access the entire record set (i.e. all

|records that can be seen in the browser) that the SDO

|retrieves on the client side from code?

|Your response is much appreciated.

|Kind regards

|Robert Pooley

|For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Nov-2002 02:11

Hi Robert,

The code you are looking for would be cseomthing like:

/* Get the buffer handle to the rowObject TT in the SDO */

}

DO iLoop = 1 to hRowObjectBuffer:NUM-FIELDS:

/* Sequentially get the handle to the fields in the rowObject buffer */

ASSIGN hRowObjectField = hRowObjectBuffer:BUFFER-FIELD(iLoop).

/* Do stuff here:

  • The help files are quite useful here - look under the "buffer field object"

  • and the "buffer object" sections for methods, attributes etc.

*/

END.

If you need to create a separate (named) buffer:

CREATE BUFFER hMyRowObjectBuffer FOR TABLE hRowObjectBuffer BUFFER-NAME "MyBuffer".

This is equivalent to the static constrcut:'

DEFINE BUFFER myBuffer FOR Buffer.

HTH,

Peter