[icf-dev] launch.i

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Dec-2002 07:39

Hi,

I have the following problem and solution:

lanuch.i checks whether the IP exists in the plip specified.

This may be not always the case.

In cases where my plip starts a super-procedure, I must be able to

run a IP in the super-procedure using launch.i.

Even when this IP is not in the plip itself but in a super-proc of the plip.

There are several ways to solve this:

- instead of checking INTERNAL-ENTRIES of the plip, add a standard

procedure

to the plip, for example: getRunableIPs with a list of procedures as

output parameter.

This does a RUN SUPER first before adding his own INTERNAL-ENTRIES

as output.

So this wil also return er IP's in the super-procs.

or

- Add a macro NOIPCHECK and add this as an OR to the dynamic-function

call in launch.i

IF VALID-HANDLE(gshSessionManager) AND

(DYNAMIC-FUNCTION("getInternalEntryExists":U IN gshSessionManager,

hPlip, ) = NO

OR

)

THEN DO:

This is maybe something to add to the standard code.

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -<http://www.cargomate.com/>

CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Dec-2002 09:03

Hi martin,

I my personal opinion, do not check if the procedure exists, just run it

no-error and check the error status. It will save you an AppServer call.

[...]

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions