[icf-dev] Dynamic SDO

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Dec-2002 18:37

Hi,

When two tables are joined in Dynamic SDO, and the fields of the second

table are not updatable and a particular field is not even selected in SDO

but has mandatory flag set in Dictionary. When saving the new record, the

update is aborted due to the field being blank.

I checked the rowojbectvalidate in logic procedure but there was no

reference to that field or even the table.

Does anyone know if there is workaround for that. I could use a static SDO

and then use a calculated field to achieve what I need to do but this is

really not my preference.

Dynamics 2.0

Progress 9.1D SP1

Thanks,

Ali

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 11-Dec-2002 19:04

If all of the fields in the second table are not updatable and you have no

references to this field in the Logic Procedure then this sounds as a bug.

You should enter an issue and add detailed info about the exact error

message.

We do of course always prefer a Sports2000 example, but it may not be

duplicatable with other definitions. If so then we need to know the names of

ALL the fields in the SDO, both the SDO name and DB field name, as well as

the name of the field that causes the problem.

Other info that would be helpful:

Does the error disappear or move to another field if you map this field in

the SDO (non-updatable!)?

Is the same problem present in a static SDO with the EXACT same join and

definitions?

HÃ¥vard