[icf-dev] dynamics environment for batch processing

Posted by LegacyUser on 17-Dec-2002 08:26

I have a question and am hoping that someone can provide an answer.

We have a number of batch processing jobs that we use in our application.

Some of them are run nightly, some are processes that we allow our users to

schedule throughout the day. We would like to be able to use our existing

business logic for many of these jobs. The existing business logic takes

advantage of the dynamics managers, so we need to be able to start the

managers for the batch session.

How can I go about setting up a batch process that has the Dynamics

Managers started along with it?

Thanks--

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 17-Dec-2002 08:58

James,

Take a look inside the code in as_startupp.p (AppServer Startup Procedure).

It does something like what you need to do. You may need to combine some

elements from the icfstart procedure as you will probably need a user name

and password to fire off the batch session somehow.

regards,

Bruce

Bruce S Gruenbaum, Principal Software Engineer

the Progress Company

http://www.progress.com

bgruenba@progress.com