[icf-dev] Linked Widgets

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Jan-2003 12:48

I am working with Dynamics 1.1A and have a question about linked fields of

dynamic lookups. I need to have a special formatting/handling of the linked

field value (I would like to concatenate two fields in the DB into one field

for display). How do I go about doing this?

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 08-Jan-2003 17:51

Hi Freddy,

Use calculated field in your SDO.

mattB

Boisseau, Freddy wrote:

>I am working with Dynamics 1.1A and have a question about linked fields of

>dynamic lookups. I need to have a special formatting/handling of the linked

>field value (I would like to concatenate two fields in the DB into one field

>for display). How do I go about doing this?

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 09-Jan-2003 09:11

Hi Boisseau,

If it is linked fields that you want to concatenate into one field on your

viewer you should mark them as linked fields and give them a dummy field

name e.g. dummy1 and dummy2 - this is just to ensure that they are being

sent through when the lookup is done.

Then you need to subscribe to lookupDisplayComplete and you can get the

values of these 2 fields from the pcFieldValues input parameter - read the

Dynamic Lookup spec to see how this works. Once you have the values you can

assign the screen value of your field on the viewer with the concatenated

value of these two fields.

HTH

Mark Davies

Project Leader

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-1836 (Direct)

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-0099 (Switchboard)

Fax: +27 (0)11 576-2601

Cell: +27 (0)72 287 1254

MIP

2nd Floor, Zone 21

Wrigley Field, The Campus

Sloane Avenue, Bryanston

I am working with Dynamics 1.1A and have a question about linked fields of

dynamic lookups. I need to have a special formatting/handling of the linked

field value (I would like to concatenate two fields in the DB into one field

for display). How do I go about doing this?

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

      • IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

MIP has moved to The Campus.

MIP's new address is:

Zone 2

2nd Floor

Wrigley Field

The Campus

Sloane Avenue

Bryanston

The contact number is 011 575-1800

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.